Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had an exchange scheduled to deliver a new sofa frame and pickup the damaged one originally scheduled for 12/31/18 between 9 AM and 1 PM. I got a call on the 31st from CEVA Logistics at 1:43 PM letting me know that the delivery was not going to happen and needed to be re-scheduled.

So, I missed a day of work for nothing. I rescheduled for today (1/4/19) , again between 9AM and 1 PM. I had been chatting and emailing with CEVA customer service since 1 PM trying to find out about my delivery, then, when the CEVA tracking site showed my deliver as completed at 1:54 PM and there had still been no delivery, I called customer service. I spent a long time on hold only to learn that they could not explain the situation and saw the same delivered status in their system.

I then received an email that said it was NOT showing as delivered and another email stating that it was being returned to the manufacturer. I was nearly apoplectic at this point. At 5:15 PM, I still had no call about the delivery. I told customer service that I had to leave the house to get my son and that if by some miracle the delivery arrived while I was gone to wait for me to return.

It is a 10 minute round trip. Soon after I left, there was an email saying they were 10 minutes away and should be there any minute. So, OF COURSE, they arrived in my absence, dumped the new sofa frame in my backyard, left the damaged frame that they were supposed to pick up sitting there next to the box they delivered, and got my mother-in-law (who barely speaks English and didn't understand what was going on) to sign off on the delivery. I returned a minute after they had left.

They didn't wait, they didn't pick up the damaged sofa, and they cost me two full days of work. I suggest they re-brand themselves as CEVA Chaotics for better truth in advertising. Attached are screen shots of the CEVA system showing delivery at 1:54 PM...real delivery was between 5:15 and 5:30 PM, in my absence without my signature and they left me with the damage sofa frame still sitting in my backyard.

This is a summary of what was 4 hours of frustrating chats, emails, and phone calls from 1 PM to 5:15 PM. One of the worst delivery experiences I've ever had and a company I will avoid like the plaque in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ceva Logistics Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Bad customer service, screwed up delivery, two days of work lost (16 hours at $102/hr), botched pickup on scheduled exchange, missing delivery window multiple times.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Anything about the experience with ceva logistics.

Comments