I recently had the opportunity to get back a treasured antique Morris Chair from a family member back east.I live in California so I called around looking for a company to pick up, pack, and ship this cherished item.
After comparing prices and speaking to a few logistic companies I ended up going with CEVA. They discussed with me how they would pack the chair for the long truck trip to California. Bubble wrap the chair, secure it to a wooden palate, and then shrink wrap the chair to the pallate. When the chair arrived 10 days later it was on its back in pieces!
No bubble wrap. A small piece of shrink wrap around the back, and a loose palate the driver left with me. One piece of the side was even split. Someone even affixed a shipping label directing on the antique wood!
It was like someone purposely tried to beat this chair up.The chair was in excellent shape prior to shipment. It cost me twice as much to restore as it did to ship, but the real slap in the face is that CEVA basically did not care the chair was damaged and after 3 months of waiting for a claim determination they came up with $50 offering. I knew there was risk to shipping but i could not believe that CEVA made no attempt to pack it properly, and then everyone along the route who came in contact with the chair basically ignored its worsening condition. This is the type of company that just takes your money and runs.
if you see their name or consider their services all I can say is turn around and RUN from them as quick as possible.I have added some photos for clarity.the first is before shipping, there are two after shipping and arrival in CA and the last if after I had it restored.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- And poor transportation
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I just got into the hobby of keeping reef tanks. I bidded on corals on eBay and won one of the auctions but ended up cancelling that transaction because I..."
- "On Friday March 7th I returned $223 worth un-scanned of clothing from Nasty Gal at store 6133 located on 75 N Woodward Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32306. Since the package came..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."