I recently had the opportunity to get back a treasured antique Morris Chair from a family member back east.I live in California so I called around looking for a company to pick up, pack, and ship this cherished item.
After comparing prices and speaking to a few logistic companies I ended up going with CEVA. They discussed with me how they would pack the chair for the long truck trip to California. Bubble wrap the chair, secure it to a wooden palate, and then shrink wrap the chair to the pallate. When the chair arrived 10 days later it was on its back in pieces!
No bubble wrap. A small piece of shrink wrap around the back, and a loose palate the driver left with me. One piece of the side was even split. Someone even affixed a shipping label directing on the antique wood!
It was like someone purposely tried to beat this chair up.The chair was in excellent shape prior to shipment. It cost me twice as much to restore as it did to ship, but the real slap in the face is that CEVA basically did not care the chair was damaged and after 3 months of waiting for a claim determination they came up with $50 offering. I knew there was risk to shipping but i could not believe that CEVA made no attempt to pack it properly, and then everyone along the route who came in contact with the chair basically ignored its worsening condition. This is the type of company that just takes your money and runs.
if you see their name or consider their services all I can say is turn around and RUN from them as quick as possible.I have added some photos for clarity.the first is before shipping, there are two after shipping and arrival in CA and the last if after I had it restored.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- And poor transportation
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a $4000 Vizio 75" TV from Costco on November 24th. Then receive a "Heart-stopping" email with a tracking # that goes to the Ceva Logistics tracking page! I had..."
- "freightcenter.com is FRAUD. This company would blast your phone once you're interested in doing business with them. Once they get a hold of your credit card number, things will go..."
- "THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OPERATING AS A MOVING COMPANY! My wife and I hired them to move us from South Carolina to California. My wife spent the majority..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "My car was hit by. Massive truck. It should have been total loss BUT the truck was insured by liberty too. After wasting $13,000 I have almost died in it..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."