Ceva Logistics - CEVA- The NOT to go to logistics company

I recently had the opportunity to get back a treasured antique Morris Chair from a family member back east.I live in California so I called around looking for a company to pick up, pack, and ship this cherished item.

After comparing prices and speaking to a few logistic companies I ended up going with CEVA. They discussed with me how they would pack the chair for the long truck trip to California. Bubble wrap the chair, secure it to a wooden palate, and then shrink wrap the chair to the pallate. When the chair arrived 10 days later it was on its back in pieces!

No bubble wrap. A small piece of shrink wrap around the back, and a loose palate the driver left with me. One piece of the side was even split. Someone even affixed a shipping label directing on the antique wood!

It was like someone purposely tried to beat this chair up.The chair was in excellent shape prior to shipment. It cost me twice as much to restore as it did to ship, but the real slap in the face is that CEVA basically did not care the chair was damaged and after 3 months of waiting for a claim determination they came up with $50 offering. I knew there was risk to shipping but i could not believe that CEVA made no attempt to pack it properly, and then everyone along the route who came in contact with the chair basically ignored its worsening condition. This is the type of company that just takes your money and runs.

if you see their name or consider their services all I can say is turn around and RUN from them as quick as possible.I have added some photos for clarity.the first is before shipping, there are two after shipping and arrival in CA and the last if after I had it restored.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• And poor transportation

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ceva Logistics Delivery Service
Review category
review #749151

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ceva Logistics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.